Web-based RSS aggregators

I've been a loyal Bloglines user for some time, but lately I've been looking around at some of the other Web-based RSS aggregators. I tried Newsgator, which was very slow. I took a look at Yahoo, but I couldn't figure out how to import my feed subscriptions. Then I tried Google Reader, which I'm now in love with. Like all Google products, it's simple and elegant and a joy to use. I particularly like the ability to add a "clip blog" to your site (see sidebar to the left), which shows visitors blog posts that you have highlighted for their enjoyment. All I have to do is click on a post and it automatically feeds to that list for all to see.

Next I'm going to try out Google Notebook. I've already played around with del.icio.us and Kaboodle so far. I find del.icio.us kind of hard to use. Kaboodle is pretty cool. I've used it a lot in my home remodel, creating pages of bathtubs and tile vendors. But maybe Google will blow them out of the water. I'll report later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh that poor kitty in the story about the mountain lion!. I lived in Tucson for a while and we had cougars also. I always figured the cats were safe because we lived in the suburbs, but maybe not! Are they a problem in LA?

Jennifer George said...

Not in most of L.A., but they do pop up once and a while in Orange County. When I was a kid we used to see coyotes a lot.