Nana?

It's just a flesh wound innit?

Post: A Little Tumble
Source: Random Acts of Reality
Excerpt:

"You won't take me to hospital will you? It's just a little tumble", she asked looking up at me with pleading eyes.

"We'll see how you are after I've had a look at you", I told her in an effort to give me some time to work out how to break the news to her that she would be going to hospital.

A further examination and it was even more obvious that she had broken her hip. I looked around, we'd need to strap her to our scoop stretcher firmly as we'd need to carry her down the stairs and tip her nearly upright in order to get her out the front door.

I looked Edna in the eye, "I'm sorry luv, but it looks like you might have broken your hip, you'll need to go to hospital".

A tear formed in each eye, "Oh no. I suppose I don't have a choice do I?"

blog comments powered by Disqus