Garden Joy

After removing an enormous weed from one of my backyard planters, I discovered this bent little plant beneath it:



There were several of them growing in various places in my backyard, and I couldn't decide if they were weeds. They looked a little too dignified, and they had some buds at the end that looked like they might develop flowers.

But then again, I also saw something very much like them growing alongside the freeway. After much contemplation, I had resolved that they were indeed weeds, and decided to send them to their doom. I went over to the house to rip them out by the roots, and found that they now looked like this:



and this:



Disaster narrowly avoided.


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's what's so great about California. Even your weeds are too beautiful to destroy!