I wish they could quit Wyoming

I was just listening to Area 33 on Sirius - mind-numbing progressive house for those of you not in the know - and they played the Brokeback Mountain super throbbing gay disco club mix. I guess it was inevitable, right?

My friend Alyssa and I went to see Brokeback a few weeks ago, to see what all the fuss was about, and we were both a little disappointed. I was expecting a heartbreaking romance and a good cry, but instead got a crushing reminder that human relationships are complicated and often unsatisfying, that people get stuck in mindsets that limit their options, and that I never ever want to move to Wyoming. I wanted Ennis and Jack to move away to Greenwich Village and live happily ever after, but instead they just got older and sadder. Curse you Ang Lee for rubbing my face in reality! Wasn't The Ice Storm bad enough?

0 comments: