I saw The Exorcism of Emily Rose Saturday night. It was pretty good. The woman who played Emily had a distinct skinny awkwardness that really worked. I wasn't really sold on the idea that the priest would have been charged with negligent homicide though. She was a legal adult, and her parents were involved. Why would a D.A. go after a priest?

Cosmo had to leave the theater early because it was about 90 degrees in there and people were talking all over the place, but I stayed. I enjoyed the woman who clapped every time someone mentioned Jesus Christ. You go Jebus!

On the walk home I encountered Cosmo watching a crime scene. The cops had tasered some old, crazy homeless guy and about ten of them were sitting on him outside Barnes and Noble while he yelled incoherently. He had an odd, high, raspy voice and Cosmo suggested he might be posessed. There were four or five cop cars, an ambulance, and a fire truck, and Maxella was completely blocked off. Bit of an overreaction perhaps?

I don't know what he did, but we found silverware strewn all over Glencoe. We gave a cop a few table knives, which he dutifully entered into evidence.

0 comments: